AGES 6 weeks - 7 years old
Want to go for a swim or get a workout in but you have the kiddos with you? The Y has got you covered! We will watch them for up to 2hrs and provide a fun, enriching experience with activities, games and crafts that reflect the core values of the YMCA.
Monday-Saturday: 8:00AM - 1:00PM
Monday-Thursday: 4:00PM - 7:00PM
For your child's safety, a parent or supervising individual aged 16+ is required to sign their child in and out of Child Watch. The same individual must also sign the child out unless prior arrangements have been made with Child Watch staff.
We recommend limiting your child's time in Child Watch to the following age-appropriate lengths:
- 6 weeks-9 months: 30 minutes
- 9 months-2 years: 1 hour
- 2 years-4 years: 1.5 hours
- 4 years-7 years: 2 hours
Please ensure the following prior to checking your child into Child Watch:
- Your child is in a clean diaper or has used the restroom; provide additional clean diapers at drop-off.
- Your child is well-fed/nursed.
- Personal items and bags are labeled with your child's name.
- For your child's safety, shoes or socks are to be worn at all times. Winter items may be stored in a cubby.
- If you provide food and drink for your child, please bring only water or juice (milk allowed only for infants) and healthy dry snacks. Drinks must be in spill-proof cups.
- For the safety of all kids in Child Watch, please do not pack candy, gum, raisins, peanut products or meals.
- Remind Child Watch staff of any allergies upon each visit.
- Children showing symptoms of illness may not be allowed in Child Watch. A child must be symptom-free for 24 hours in order to return.
Our goal is to develop self-management (or regulation) and respect for others. When necessary, age-appropriate discipline such as logical consequences and redirection will be used. In some cases, a supervised break away from peers or play may be used.
If a child is having excessive problems (i.e. biting, hitting, etc.) the parent/guardian will be called and the child will be removed from Child Watch. If behavioral issues continue, a child will be asked not to return for a period of time determined by the Membership Family Coordinator.
Questions? Feel free to email Courtney Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org.